Five Star Credit Union has only one personal checking account and the same is true on the business side. The checking account is free and pay dividends. That means the more that you do your business with Five Star, the more you can earn money just for having an account! Your credit union business account is also guaranteed up to $250,000 from the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
Here’s how the free business checking with interest works. The business checking has no minimum balance requirements and no monthly maintenance fees. You earn interest (dividends) on your entire average monthly checking account balance when your account is “active.” Make at least 10 transactions* (deposits, paid checks, debit card use, transfers, etc.) a month and the account is considered “active.” It qualifies for dividends on business checking and increased dividends to business savings. You also receive:
- Free 24/7 account access (via phone, web, and mobile app)
- Free online copies of your checks, as well as carbonless copies
- Free processing for up to 200 items (processed checks and paper deposits) and $0.15 per item thereafter
- Overdraft protection (with credit approval)
- VISA® debit card
- Direct deposit available
- Free mobile banking with mobile bill payer
- Free e-statements are available
- Free downloads to Quicken or Quickbooks from online banking
Online Bill Payer
*Accounts with less than 10 transactions are still “free” but do not earn dividends that month and will not initiate extra dividends on a business savings account. Keep your business checking account active for the most benefits!