Five Star online banking is a convenient and easy to navigate all of your accounts and loans. The Five Star mobile app and online banking have the same layout so using both is seamless. This helps when you use your computer or your favorite device.
NEW - You can now add sub accounts on your own. Log in to your online banking or mobile app and click accounts. You will find "Add Account." Click that and then click "Open an Additional Account." There you will find the account you are looking for including share certificates. Rates are the highest they have been in 20 years. Now you can add a share certificate account and watch your money grow.
Logging in for First Time
Here’s some tips for logging in to the new Five Star online banking for the first time.
- Your current username and password are the same
- The Five Star mobile app login and password work with online banking
- When you log in for the first time, you will be texted (or emailed?) a four-digit code. If you are on a trusted computer, hit "I Trust This Device" and you will not be sent another code
If you don’t know your password, hit reset, call 888-619-1711, option 7, or stop by your local branch. We’ll get you up and running
Using the Mobile App
Download the mobile app from your device’s app store. We’ve provided links below. Login and you will see a similar layout as the Five Star online banking. Check out the video below to get started.
Get the Most Out of Online Banking and Mobile App
To get the most out of online banking and the app, set up alerts. This is an easy way to stay on top of your account. See below on how to set it up. Also, see how you can pay for your Five Star loan with a credit card.
Set Text Alerts on Your Account
You have the ability to set alerts through online banking to help you manage your account. Once you login, click "options" and then "alerts." A number of ways to be alerted can be found and customized. You set up the preferences and a text will alert you. The alert options include:
- Events - set alerts when a share certificate matures or a loan payment is due
- Balance - set alerts if your account falls below a designated balance level
- Transaction - get alerted if certain transactions clear
- Item - place an alert so you know when a particular transaction has cleared or been posted
- Security - set alerts so you can monitor if anyone else tries to access your account
Loan Pay by Card
The Loan Pay by Card feature allows members to pay on their Five Star loans with a non-Five Star credit or debit card. It’s already on your app. Here’s how you can make your first payment.
- Click on the app
- Go to the main menu and Loan Pay by Card is halfway down
- Click on Loan Pay by Card
- Choose the loan you wish to pay and the amount
- Fill in the cardholder name, card type, card number, expiration date, and security code (CVV)
- Your account information will prefill and then you hit submit.
- A verification screen comes asking you to “Confirm”
- Payment confirmation displays as "Done"
This feature is also on your online banking. If you have any questions, contact Member Care through the message feature of the app, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 888-619-1711, option 7.
Five Star Advice: Keep your app updated through your device's app store. If you don't update your app, it may not perform at the highest level. If you have trouble with your app, check for an update first. Generally that is the problem.
If you forget your password, watch the video above, How to Reset Your Password, the process is easy and should take less than five minutes. It's important to keep your cellphone number on file with Five Star so the reset code is sent to your correct phone.