A Five Star Platinum Visa card is the most secure card on the market. It has chip and tap-to-pay technology. A Five Star Platinum Visa card can help you do the things that are important to you.
- The chip generates a one-time use code. This code is virtually impossible to counterfeit and helps reduce in-store fraud.
- The card still allows you to swipe your card.
- The tap-to-pay feature means you can hold your card and simply tap to pay. That means you won't hand your card to anyone.
- Your name and card number are on the back of the card for an added layer of protection.
- The chip and tap to pay card is accepted at millions of merchants around the world.
Added benefits of a Five Star Platinum Visa credit card include:
- No annual fees
- No balance transfer fees
- Free Fraud Text Alerts
- Add card to Five Star Digital Wallet
- Fixed-rate balance transfers
- Rates between 7.75% APR and 17.99% APR**
To see if you qualify for a Five Star Platinum Visa, stop in your local branch or call the Five Star Member Care Center at (888) 619-1711 (option 2).
Free Fraud Text Alerts
Five Star offers members free fraud text alerts. Members will receive a fraud text alert to their phone if their Five Star debit or credit card has potential fraudulent activity. The transaction can be approved or rejected immediately. Here is an example of a text that would be sent if fraud is suspected.
Unusual activity on Five Star Checking Account ending in (Your number). ($ Amount) at (Merchant). If authorized reply YES, if not reply NO. Or call 855.847.2023. To opt-out, reply STOP.
Five Star Fraud Text Alerts make it easier and faster to detect and prevent fraud. Having the ability to validate transactions in real-time will be extremely beneficial. There is an option to opt-out if you would like.
If you have questions about Five Star Fraud Text Alerts, call Member Care at 888-619-1711, option 7, or send an email to membercarecenter@fivestarcu.
Five Star Advice
If you are sending a credit card payment, use:
Five Star Credit Union
P.O. Box 1851
Dothan, AL 36302
If you have lost your card or it has been stolen, please call our Fraud Line at 855.847.2023.
On the app, you can cancel your card and have a new one sent to you by going through your Visa Platinum tab and using card management. You can also stop by your local branch and have one printed on the spot.
**Annual percentage rate (APR) is based on your credit score and credit worthiness. Introductory APR applies to retail purchases for first six months. After that, your APR will between 7.75% and 17.99% based on your credit worthiness. It will be reevaluated and may vary annually within this same range, based on your credit score.